Open on the 3rd Saturday of the month 10:00am- Noon
From 1884 until 2007 there was a volunteer fire department serving the community of Round Rock. At One time the service area was bound by Hutto on the East, The Travis county line on the West and South and Georgetown on the North.
Over the years the Volunteers saved and restored some of the apparatus that they used to provide fire protection. In cooperation with the Old Settlers Association this equipment is now on display at 3300 Palm Valley Blvd. Round Rock TX 78665.
The apparatus on display consists of the 1884 Hand Pumper (on loan from the City of Round Rock), the first piece of fire equipment in Round Rock, a Hose Reel Cart (on load from the Bartlett FD) used in conjunction with a hand pumper, a 1938 Ford Fire Engine, the first motorized fire engine in Round Rock and a 1943 Chevrolet Fire Engine.
The Chevrolet Fire engine was used by Round Rock, later it was put into service as the first engine for the Jollyville and Sam Bass Fire Companies of RRVFD (now independent Fire Departments).
See more, learn more, visit the Round Rock / Williamson County Firehouse Museum! For more information please visit: www.jvfd.org/wilcomuseum