Ok, sure, it’s still 90° outside, but according to the equinox, fall is officially here! We’re bringing out our plaid flannels, tiny pumpkins, and apple spice candles, and we’re seizing the season! If you’re a fall fanatic like us, get ready for our ultimate bucket list. We packed it full of autumn activities for everyone. Happy fall y’all!
1. Admire the foliage-The leaves take their time to change in Texas, but once they do, the colors are brilliant! Take in blazes of yellow, orange, and maroon and wander through our parks and trails. We have so many spots to appreciate a lovely fall day.
2. Paint autumn artwork at Painting With a Twist– They are getting into the seasonal spirit at Painting with a Twist and they have themed nights like Witches in Town, Floral Pumpkin, Fall in the City, and more. You’re sure to have a gourd time painting.
3. Jam out at a concert– The Round Rock Amp is the new concert venue on the block and they are bringing in some big headliners this fall! They have Cole Swindell, Aaron Lewis, and Gucci Mane taking the stage soon.
4. Watch the game– It’s football season and you’re in Texas, so it’s a big deal! Watch sports on TV and in person during your trip. Don’t pass on the chance to watch the game in the Sports Capital of Texas. Click here to find more sports spots.
5. See the bats emerge from McNeil Bridge– Bats are basically the mascot of Halloween, so now is the perfect time to see them emerge from under the McNeil Bridge. Nearly half a million Mexican free-tailed bats call Round Rock their home and they are here from March until November. For more information on their flight times and where to watch them, visit batsinroundrock.com
6. Watch a scary movie– We heard Hocus Pocus 2 is coming out soon, and we are ready to be put under a spell! We love a (mildly scary) movie that puts us in the Halloween spirit. If you’re not a scaredy cat like us, watch the latest (actually scary) thriller at our local theatres.
7. Play glow-in-the-dark mini golf– Monster Mini golf was meant for the season! Test your skills against a neon backdrop of talking monsters as you work your way through each spooky hole.
8. Go on a walking history tour– Go back in time by exploring historic (possibly haunted) architecture in Round Rock. Our historic buildings were built between 1876 and 1881 and are architecturally eclectic. Click here to view the walking tour guide!
9. Cozy up with a seasonal coffee- We must admit, we have been drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes since August, but now that it is officially fall, it’s socially acceptable to drink them! Round Rock has plenty of comfy coffee shops where you can order autumn in a cup.
10. Enjoy lunch on an outdoor patio– Smoldering summer is fading away, and slightly cooler fall is rolling through. Enjoy the nice weather and a mouthwatering meal at our restaurants with spacious patios. Click here for our full outdoor dining guide.
11. Get your candy fix from 3 Star Candy– You don’t need to steal your kid’s Halloween candy because you can get your own specialty candy at the 3 Star Candy Shop. They have timeless sweets, fine chocolates, and creamy ice cream.
12. Enjoy a fall brew at a local brewery- Sip on seasonal suds and cider at one of our local breweries. We have a plethora of places to get a cold brew. There is also a Corktoberfest with specialty beers, live music, and more at the Cork and Barrel on October 1st!
13. Shop for fall attire- Hats, scarves, boots, oh my! We believe fall is the ultimate season for fashion, and we love to shop for it. Luckily we have numerous retail locations for you to find your chic fall outfit. Click here for a total shopping directory.
14. Enjoy a pumpkin-spiced treat- We’ve already established that we have a pumpkin spice obsession so why not continue indulging all fall long! Round Rock has plenty of places to get your pumpkin fix! Click here for a treat guide.
15. Try the best pie in Texas- Did you know that Papi’s Pie has the “Best Cherry Pie in Texas!” This pie was recognized by Eat This, Not That as the top pies in the entire state of Texas! It’s filled with dark cherries and tart cherries, so each bite is the perfect combo of sweet and tart. It’s an idyllic autumn treat!
17. Savor a bowl of chili– We associate fall with a warm bowl of chili. Luckily, Lupe Tortilla serves up spoonfuls of heaven at their restaurant. Their Lupe’s famous Chili is Texas in a bowl!
18. Mold your own fall creation- Need some more Halloween decor for your home? Why not create something yourself? We have places like the Ceramic Lodge and Merry’s Mud Pottery House where you can mold and paint a masterpiece.
19. Visit the World’s Largest Indoor Waterpark– One great thing about having an indoor waterpark is you can visit during every season! Kalahari Resorts and Conventions is a must-visit all year long! Slide down one of the 30 slides or swim the day away in their 20 pools. They also have Tom Foolery’s Adventure Park for more thrills.
20. Get your adrenalin pumping at Escapology– You don’t need to work out to get your blood pumping, just head over to Escapology in Round Rock! They have thrilling tests and challenges to see if you can escape before time runs out.
Fall Events to Check off your list
21. Fall Music on Main (Starts Oct 5th)– Our ever popular “Music on Main,” series is coming back this fall! Join us on Main Street to listen to local artists.
22. Chalk Walk (Oct 7 & 8)– Chalk walk is a Texas-sized event that brings in over 60,000 people year-round! It’s a big draw for visitors to view gorgeous chalk drawings. Enjoy fine art, fine crafts, local vendors, and live entertainment at this event.
23. BARKtacular HOWLoween Dog Festival (Oct 22nd)– Do you and your pooch have matching Halloween outfits? Dress up and get ready to pawdy at this Halloween-themed event. There will be a costume contest, treats, and plenty of pups!
24. Diwali Festival (Oct 22nd)-The festival of Diwali is a ‘celebration of light’ and all that it encompasses. There will be Bollywood dance lessons, music, Rangoli (sand art), and a fashion show!
25. Spookout Soccer Tournament (Oct 28th-29th)– Things are about to get spooky in Round Rock! Join us on October 28th and 29th for our annual Spookout 3v3 Soccer Tournament at the Round Rock Multipurpose Complex. There will be a costume contest, face painting, a DJ, and treats. Come score some goals and see some ghouls! Visit https://roundrockmpc.com/sports_programs/2022-spookout-3v3-soccer-tournament-fall/ to register.
26. Big 12 Soccer Championship (Oct 30th, Nov 3rd, Nov 6th)-The 2022 Sprouts Farmers Market Big 12 Soccer Championship is coming back to the Sports Capital of Texas. Join us this fall to watch high-level soccer and competition!
27. Holiday Bazzar (Nov 12th)– Raise your hand if you put your Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving! If you start celebrating Christmas after Halloween, the holiday bazaar is the place to go to get in a merry mood and purchase decor and gifts galore!
28. Beaujolais Nights (November 17)– Round Rock was named the “center of the universe on Beaujolais day” by Georges Dubeouf. This highly anticipated event is a sophisticated soiree where guests can enjoy jazz and crack open the first bottle of wine from this year’s Beaujolais Nouveau!
We hope you have a ball this fall and our bucket list helps you live it up! If you are looking for more fall happenings, follow our Instagram @goroundrock for day-to-day updates.