Get out a pen because you’re going to cross off items on your bucket list this summer! Round Rock comes alive in the summer, and the city is vibrant with people and activities. We created the ultimate summer activity list for you to use during your visit to Round Rock, Texas.
1. Visit America’s Largest Indoor Water Park- The newly opened Kalahari Resorts and Conventions is a must-visit this summer. Slide down one of the 30 slides or swim the day away in their 20 pools. They also have Tom Foolery’s Adventure Park for more summertime thrills!
2. Celebrate Independence Day in Round Rock- Independence Day is a big deal here, and we throw a huge celebration! You don’t want to miss this year’s Independence Day Parade and Frontier Days because it will be bigger and better than ever before. Click here for more info on the celebration.
4. See the bats emerge from McNeil bridge- You may have heard about the South Congress bat bridge in Austin, but did you know Round Rock also has a bat bridge? Nearly half a million Mexican free-tailed bats call the McNeil Bridge their home! For more information on their flight times and where to watch them, visit batsinroundrock.com
5. Learn how to fly fish- Don’t let summer fly by before you learn how to fly fish! Luckily, we have fishing experts at Living Waters Fly Fishing who can teach you how to catch sunfish, rainbow trout, and even Guadalupe bass that swim through the Round Rock waters.
6. Beat the heat with a cool treat- Nothing says summer like enjoying a waffle cone with a heaping scoop of ice cream. Stop by our local spots for an ice-cold creation.
7. Float the lazy river at the Rock’N River Water Park- Summer is for relaxing and staying cool. You can do both at the Rock’N River Water Park!
8. Eat a Texas-sized donut at Round Rock Donuts- You may have heard, but we have one of the best donuts spots around! These famous orange donuts are made with a homemade batter that melts in your mouth. They also have an enormous 14-inch-wide donut that can feed the whole family.
9. Go on a walking history tour- Go back in time by exploring historic architecture in Round Rock. Our historic buildings were built between 1876 and 1881 and are architecturally eclectic. Click here to view the walking tour guide!
10. Go underwater bowling at Bass Pro Shops- Bowl underwater at Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill! This unique bowling alley is painted to look like the bottom of the ocean and has nautical fixtures throughout.
11. Step up to bat at the Home Run Dugout- Hey batter batter, swing! Hit one out of the “virtual” park at the Home Run Dugout this summer! This innovative batting cage lets you bat without 70mph fastballs hurling towards you.
12. Take a photo by the famous Round Rock- Did you know we were named after a rock? Well not just any rock, a round rock that was used as a landmark guide for early settlers crossing Brushy Creek along the Chisolm Trail. Check out THE rock that gave us our name this summer.
14. Go on a Honey House Tour- Your summer will be the bee’s knees after going on a tour of Round Rock Honey! This tour will cover the history of Round Rock Honey, the process of harvesting, beekeeping, and the blending and bottling process.
15. Enjoy a refreshing margarita and Mexican cuisine- If you’re craving authentic Mexican cuisine with a Texas-sized margarita, Round Rock is the spot to visit. Click here to explore our sizzling Mexican restaurants.
16. Listen to live music at Music on Main- Round Rock knows how to rock! Listen to live music this summer at Music on Main. There will be well-known headliners like Bob Schneider and Sir Woman this June. Click here for more info.
17. Drink a summer craft beer- Cool off with a refreshing craft beer at one of our many breweries! Click here for a list of cheers worthy places.
18. Enjoy lunch by Prete Plaza- During the summer there is a constant flow of families in Prete Plaza. Enjoy lunch by the cool fountain or bring the kids down for a day of water fun!
20. Attend a sporting event at our world-class facilities- Round Rock is the Sports Capital of Texas and has premium facilities that host a wide range of sporting events. Click here to see a full calendar of events.
21. Buy yourself a new summer outfit- Get yourself a summer dress or new pair of sandals at one of our Round Rock boutiques or shopping centers. Click here for a full shopping directory.
22. Learn how to skateboard– We’re not brave enough to try this bucket list item, but if you are, we have the Shaylah Dame Skate Park, where you can skateboard through the summer.
23. Watch a movie under the stars at Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In- Put the top down and enjoy a movie at the Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-In theatre. They feature classics that the whole family will love!
24. Tie the knot- Is getting married on your summer bucket list? You can cross that off this year and tie the knot in Round Rock! Say “I do” at one of our many beautiful wedding venues.
26. Get a hole-in-one at our golf courses- Tee up this summer and play a game of golf at Teravista Golf Club or the Forest Creek Golf Club! Or if mini golf is more your speed, check out the Monster Mini Golf course.
27.Try authentic Texas BBQ- When in Texas, you’re obligated to try some Texas-style barbecue. We have some smokin’ spots! Click here for a list of tasty BBQ joints.
28. Eat the Best Pie in Texas- And last but certainly not least, you need to try a slice of cherry pie from Papi’s Pies. This pie is unreal and was recognized by Eat This, Not That as the top pies in the entire state of Texas! It’s filled with dark cherries and tart cherries, so each bite is the perfect combo of sweet and tart!
Need a place to stay while you make your way down this bucket list? Check out our lodging directory to find the perfect hotel for your summer stay!